OOPS! Opt In
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions call us toll-free at (800) 723-4718, or complete the form below. You may also print the form and either present it at a branch, fax it to (336)246-3966, or mail it to LifeStore Bank, Attn: Deposit Operations, P.O. Box 26, West Jefferson, NC 28694.
Complete this quick form to opt-in for Overdraft Protection. All fields are required.
What you need to know about overdrafts and overdraft fees.
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans such as a link to another account or overdraft line of credit, which may be less expensive than our standard practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks, in-person withdrawals, ACH transactions, pre-authorized automatic transfers and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
- Recurring debit card transactions
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if LifeStore Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- For each overdraft item, we will charge the standard per item Overdraft NSF Fee set forth in our fee schedule (currently $32.00)
- We will charge your account a $5.00 Daily Negative Balance Fee, typically, we will start charging the Daily Negative Balance Fee on the 10th business day your account is overdrawn and will continue to charge the Daily Negative Balance Fee for each subsequent consecutive business day your account remains overdrawn, there is otherwise no limit on the total amount of Daily Negative Balance Fees for each subsequent consecutive business days your account remains overdrawn.
- There is a business day combined maximum of five (5) Overdraft/NSF Fees that we can assess your account.
- The Bank does not charge a checking account participating in the Overdraft Protection Program an Overdraft/NSF Fee for transactions that overdraw an account by an aggregate amount on $5.00 or less.
What if I want LifeStore Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions call us toll-free at 800-723-4718, or complete the form and present it at a branch, or mail it to LifeStore Bank, Attn: Deposit Operations, P.O. Box 26, West Jefferson, NC 28694.