5 Tips to Get the Most Out of Your Smartphone
5 Tips to Get the Most Out of Your Smart Phone
1. Remove unnecessary apps and photos.
Most smartphone users are familiar with the frustration that comes from lag time when apps are loading. Usually this lag happens because the RAM and storage are maxed out. This can make the phone sluggish and unresponsive, and it probably encourages people to upgrade to a new phone before it’s necessary. Make sure that you regularly remove any apps, photos, documents or text messages that you don’t really need.
2. Get a High-Quality Smartphone Case
This one may seem like a no-brainer, but the importance of it warrants the obvious mention. None of us are immune to accidents, so don’t take chances. Invest in a sturdy, high-quality case to protect your phone from the inevitable tumble. You can also find phone cases that offer extra protection around the camera, and /or battery ports. This added feature could help prevent unexpected repairs that happen when dust and debris build up in those areas.
3. Always Use Best Charging Practices
Try not to let your phone’s battery fall below 75%. Think about it, the lower your battery gets, the harder it must work to fully recharge.
In fact, the experts at lifehack.org report, “ if you always charge your phone at 25 percent, the battery will only work to its full potential for 500 charges. On the other hand, opting to use the charger at 75 percent will give you up to 2,500 fully powered charges.”
4. Call in the Experts
Your smart phone is a tiny bundle of extremely complicated technical mastery. Anything from a cracked screen to exposure to water can cause it quite functioning as it should. If you’ve experienced a mishap don’t risk making it worse by trying to DIY the repairs yourself. Also, while there are probably a handful of individuals in your area who claim to have the ability to fix your smart phone, be aware, taking it to an unauthorized technician can void your warranty.
5. Put it in the cloud
Take advantage of any free cloud storage that may come on your smart phone and perform backups of important files. Cloud storage offers you a sleek user experience and ensures your files are safe in case your phone does have a mishap.
Does your checking account offer you cell phone protection? If not, you should “check out” the Assurance Checking account at LifeStore Bank. Terms and conditions apply. Visit golifestore.com for more details.
LifeStore Bank, member FDIC
The articles in this blog are for informational purposes only. Before making decisions about your financial situation, consult a financial professional for advice. Blog articles are not regularly updated, and information may become outdated.