The ICBA Shares Reasons To Trust Your Community Bank
The ICBA, (Independent Community Bankers of America), shares the below information for customers of community banks.
In light of the news around Silicon Valley Bank and consequent customer concerns, community banks across this country are reminding consumers that they are in the best position to support customers and small businesses. #BankLocally is as important as ever.
- Community banks remain well capitalized and well positioned to continue to serve our customers and community.
- Community banks have always been focused on safety and soundness as part of our traditional and relationship-based business model.
- This unique banker access is what makes community banks different and an asset to those they serve. Customers often know the President/CEO of a community bank and can reach out with questions or concerns.
- Nobody has ever lost a dime of FDIC-insured deposits up to $250,000.
- For customers that have questions about whether additional insurance coverage is needed, community banks stand ready and prepared to assist.